Chewing gum…it’s a convenient way to freshen your breath and tastes great, but if you’re a business owner, you probably hate it and wish it were illegal, especially if your company gets a lot of foot traffic. For some reason, people treat the entire world as if it’s one giant trash can for their used wads of chewing gum. When it’s fresh, your customers or employees step in it and track it inside your business. When it’s old, it becomes petrified and leaves a stain even after you scrape it off.
Maybe you’re just starting your gum removal mission and searching for DIY options, or maybe you’ve read all the articles, watched all the how-to videos, bought all the non-commercial products, and you’ve still had no joy. That’s where commercial power washing comes in and here’s why:
- Strength: You might have read about or even purchased a pressure or power washer online or from your local hardware store. However, the equipment that a commercial power washing company has is a lot stronger than the equipment you can purchase from somewhere like Home Depot.
- Knowledge: Sure, you can research how to remove gum and gum stains online. But there’s a lot of bad information out there. Do you know which tips are correct? By hiring a professional power washing company, you not only benefit from the right equipment, but you also have the advantage of doing business with a service who has years of experience removing chewing gum from concrete surfaces the right way.
- Equipment: We already mentioned the strength of the equipment, but what if additional equipment on top of a power washer is needed? Do you own that? Do you have the right attachments for gum removal? How hot is the water temperature on your consumer model? A professional power washer has all the necessary equipment to get the job done.
- Money: You might think you’re saving money by removing gum yourself, but are you? If you try to remove the gum yourself with the wrong equipment, you might find you still have gum stains. Or maybe you use the wrong setting or the wrong type of equipment and end up damaging the concrete. How much money did you save if you have to replace the concrete or even just hire a professional anyway?
- Maintenance: Even if you’ve never hired a commercial power washing service before, or if you’ve recently purchased or leased a facility and the old owners or landlords never removed gum and you’ve now got old gum and stains everywhere, by hiring a professional now, you benefit from a potential service contract that includes regular cleaning of your concrete walkways and parking garages so you don’t have to worry about chewing gum being tracked inside your business or petrifying and causing stains. Any new gum wads will be removed with each regular concrete cleaning service.
As a business owner, you need to focus on running your business, not getting rid of chewing gum. By using a commercial power washing service you and your enterprise benefits from the knowledge, experience, and equipment, plus the routine maintenance that commercial power or pressure washing can provide when it comes to keeping your business looking great, including the concrete surfaces.
Got questions? Or need a commercial power wash? Contact us today for more information about chewing gum removal and the other benefits that commercial power and commercial pressure washing can provide.